Looking for a way to create a Table on your WordPress website? You are at the right place.
Have you ever considered using tables to organize content on your stunning website? If yes, you might have faced some difficulties creating tables directly from the WordPress editor.
To save you from that, we have compiled a list of the 5 best WordPress table plugins. All these plugins are super easy to use and highly customizable.
Let’s dive into each plugin’s features, benefits, and popularity in detail. All these plugins are beginner-friendly and don’t require any coding knowledge.
Stay ahead of the curve with our exclusive insights and analysis on the latest WordPress trends and techniques - subscribe to our newsletter today.
What are Table WordPress Blocks?
WordPress blocks are editor blocks used to create a content layout in the new WordPress block editor, also popularly known as the Gutenberg block editor.
The WordPress default editor has a powerful collection of blocks that make creating an amazing content layout easy.
The above Table is created using the Data Table block from The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg.
One such essential block is the table block, which helps you easily create and customize tables in your WordPress posts and pages.
Whether you need to show a product comparison or pricing chart, or you want to organize the data on your website, WordPress table block makes it a breeze.
The WordPress table block plugin offers you to choose from a variety of styles, sizes, and colors to create a table that is not only beautiful but also functional and fits perfectly to your site’s design.
Popular Use Cases of Data Tables in WordPress Websites
Data tables are versatile tools that can be used in multiple ways to enhance the usability and functionality of your website.
Tables make it much easier for users to understand the data, making the content more user-friendly. With tables, you can present complex layouts in a very organized way.
- Comparison charts: Data tables can be used to create comparison charts that allow users to easily compare products, services, or features side by side.
- Pricing tables: Pricing tables can be created using data tables to display different pricing plans and their features, making it easier for users to make a purchasing decision.
- Event schedules: Data tables can be used to display event schedules, allowing users to quickly and easily see the date, time, and location of each event.
- Product specifications: Data tables can be used to display product specifications, such as size, weight, color, and other details that are important for consumers to know before making a purchase.
- Financial data: Data tables can be used to display financial data, such as stock prices, currency exchange rates, or interest rates, in an easy-to-read format.
- Sports scores and statistics: Data tables can be used to display sports scores and statistics, allowing users to see how their favorite teams or players are performing quickly.
- Employee directories: Data tables can be used to create employee directories, allowing users to find contact information for specific employees within an organization quickly.
- Course schedules: Data tables can be used to display course schedules for educational institutions, making it easy for students to see when their classes are scheduled.
- Property listings: Data tables can be used to display property listings, allowing users to quickly see details such as price, location, and size of each property.
- Job listings: Data tables can be used to display job listings, allowing users to quickly see the job title, location, and other important details about each job opening.
Best WordPress Data Table Plugins Compared
|Sr. No.||Plugin||Cost (Starting from)|
|1||Data Table from The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg||Free|
|4||WP Table Builder||$49/year|
|5||WP Table Manager||$49/year|
While the default table block in the Gutenberg editor will help you create a basic table, some plugins can enhance your tables and make them more user-friendly through diverse customization and styling options.
Without further ado, let’s jump in and check out the top WordPress Table Block Plugins that you should consider using:
1. Data Table from The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block is a powerful plugin that enables WordPress users to create beautiful and interactive data tables on their websites. With this plugin, you can create data tables with ease, even if you don’t have any coding knowledge.
One of the great things about The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block is that it offers a range of features and functionalities that enable you to customize your tables in a variety of ways. For example, you can import data from CSV files or connect your tables to Google Sheets. This makes it easy to update your tables with the latest information and to ensure that your visitors are always seeing accurate and up-to-date data.
In addition, you can add images, icons, buttons, and search bars to your tables, which makes it easy for your visitors to find the information they need. You can also use drop-down filters to fetch queries from tables, making it easy to filter data based on certain criteria. Furthermore, you can sort data in ascending or descending order, which can be especially useful when you have large amounts of data to display.
Watch How to set this up
The Data Table Block is also highly customizable. You can create product comparison tables for e-commerce websites or WooCommerce product tables for online stores. You can copy pre-styled designs from live sites with Cross Domain Copy feature, which saves you time and effort when creating new tables. Plus, there are unlimited customization options to match your website’s design and branding, so you can create tables that look and feel like they belong on your website.
Key Features of The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
- Import tables from CSV files
- Connect tables to Google Sheets
- Add images, icons, and buttons to tables
- Add a search bar to tables for easy content search
- Drop-down filters to fetch queries from tables
- Sort data in ascending or descending order
- Create product comparison tables for e-commerce websites
- Create WooCommerce product tables for online stores
- Copy pre-styled designs from live sites with the Cross Domain Copy feature
- Unlimited customization options to match your website’s design and branding.
Price of The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
The Data Table block is just one of the 90+ blocks this plugin offers. The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg plugin have a free version as well as a pro plan starting from $35/year (and a lifetime deal is also available, where you have to pay once and use forever).
2. League Table
League Table WordPress table builder helps you create sortable and responsive tables for your WordPress website. The plugin features a spreadsheet editor that allows you to copy and paste data from Google Sheets, Excel, and OpenOffice Calc to WordPress tables.
The League table has the unique functionality for supporting typographical styles and mathematical formulas that help you create advanced tables. With custom colors for cells, you can match the table’s theme with your website’s theme. It also supports an advanced multicolumn sorting system that can create tables according to your specifications and represent your information to the users precisely.
Key Features of League Table
- Automated fixed table layouts
- Embedded spreadsheet editor
- Lightweight and responsive
- Adjustable horizontal and vertical scrollbars
- Custom typography for header and body cells
- Easily customizable and sortable tables
- Provide arithmetic formulas for sum, subtraction, minimum, maximum, and average
- 135+ customization options
Pricing of League Table
The pricing plan for the League table creator pro starts from $39.
3. Ninja Tables
Another amazing WordPress table plugin is Ninja Tables, which offers numerous helpful features. It has features like drag and drop functionality and design studio, which help users to customize and style their WordPress tables. WordPress table blocks created using Ninja tables are responsive and look stunning on any screen size.
If you have a huge amount of data, you can use features like pagination to break down your tables and make them more user-friendly. You can also upload media like images and button blocks to your tables. This WordPress table plugin lets you export the table data into a CSV file and use the JSON format to import it later in some other custom post types or pages.
Whether you want to create tables for your business or personal use, Ninja tables are another amazing option.
Key Features of Ninja Tables
- Easy drag-and-drop
- Amazing pre-made templates
- Various options for table design customization
- Control the table your way with Custom CSS
- Dynamic and responsive tables
- Conditional formatting and custom filter
- 100+ table styles to start with
Pricing of Ninja Tables
The pricing for a single site license starts at $59/year (and a lifetime deal is also available at $247).
Buying Gutenberg addons instead of standalone plugins for separate features is always recommended. Check out the Best Gutenberg Addons – here, we have compared 12 Gutenberg addons and which one you should choose to enhance the functionality of your WordPress website.
4. WP Table Builder
Next up in our list of best WordPress table block plugins is WP Table Builder. It is a very simple but powerful drag-and-drop tool that helps you easily create responsive tables. With a wide range of elements and advanced customization options, you can create dynamic and beautiful tables that engage your users.
The plugin also offers cell management to add new rows and columns, merge cells, split cells, and more. If you are a beginner and don’t have any idea about your designs, you can start with pre-built templates and choose your preferred layout. In the same way, if you know exactly what you need, you can also create your table from scratch.
You can import single or multiple tables from CSV or XML files with WP Table Builder. And just like importing, you can export the tables in the same format.
Key Features of WP Table Builder
- Full background color control
- Tooltips for list items to show more information
- Padding and margin settings
- Custom CSS styling for advanced design options
- Set empty cells and merge/split cells
- Border customization
- Search options for table
Pricing of WP Table Builder
The pricing for a single site license starts at $49/year (and a lifetime deal is also available for unlimited sites at $249).
5. WP Table Manager
Like every WordPress table block plugin, WP Table Manager helps you create and publish attractive tables on your website. This plugin is pretty handy and lets you easily add media and third-party plugin content in a cell. It also helps you organize your tables by classifying them into different categories.
This WordPress table plugin allows you to resize your table’s columns and rows. You can add your style to the tables if you are good at coding and feel comfortable with custom CSS styling. Using WP Table Manager, you can easily create custom table blocks from scratch for your beautiful website.
Key Features of WP Table Manager
- Provides full spreadsheet interface to manage tables
- Resize your table’s column layouts and row layouts
- Organize your tables in categories
- Easy customization of rows and columns
- Excel, Google Sheets, and Office 365 synchronization
- Edit tables with custom CSS style
- Download tables as Excel files
- Table pagination
- Filter content
Pricing of WP Table Manager
This plugin comes with a single pricing plan of $49/year.
Get our best WordPress tips, tricks, and tutorials delivered straight to your inbox - Subscribe to our Monthly Email newsletter Today.
Which WordPress Table Block Should you Use?
When it comes to creating custom tables on your WordPress website, there are plenty of options to choose from. However, if you’re looking for a flexible and versatile solution that’s specifically designed for use with the Gutenberg editor, The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block is an excellent choice.
With The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block, you can easily create responsive, customizable tables that can be imported from Google Sheets or CSV files, and can include images, icons, and buttons for added interactivity. Plus, this plugin offers a wide range of customization options, including the ability to change the font size, colour scheme, and other design elements of your tables.
Another key benefit of using the plugin is that it comes with multiple blocks, making it a smart choice for those who want to streamline their website and reduce the number of plugins they need to use. Instead of paying for multiple plugins to achieve different functions, users can rely on The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg to get the job done with a single plugin.
In addition to the Data Table Block, The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg offers a variety of other blocks, such as the Accordion Block, Pricing Table Block, and Testimonial Block. This makes it easy for users to create a variety of different layouts and designs, all within the same plugin.
FAQs about Data Table Plugins
How can I Create Responsive Data Tables in WordPress website?
The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block provides responsive table design, ensuring tables adapt to any device’s screen size. This guarantees a visually appealing and user-friendly experience on desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
How to Import Data Tables from Google Sheets or CSV file in WordPress?
The Plus Blocks’ for Gutenberg’ Data Table Block simplifies data import from Google Sheets or CSV files, ensuring your tables stay current. Connect to Google Sheets or upload a CSV file, and it automatically imports and formats the data into a customizable table.
How to Upload Images in WordPress Table Cell?
Using The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block, add images to your tables effortlessly. Select the cell, click the image upload button, and choose your image. Customize size and alignment for a perfect fit within the table.
How to Add Buttons in WordPress Tables?
The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg Data Table Block offers customization, including buttons. Enhance table interactivity by selecting a cell, clicking the button icon, and customizing text, color, and size. It’s ideal for creating call-to-action links or resource links on your website.