Are you looking for a social media feed plugin for your WordPress website? Better yet, what if it could also update content in real-time? We have gathered some of the best social media feeds WordPress plugins for you.
No matter the type of website you have, blog, business, e-commerce, or portfolio website, social proof helps you gain your audience’s trust.
And what’s better than boasting your social media presence to build that trust? That’s where you will need a robust WordPress social media feed plugin.
So, let’s explore the top 5 social media plugins for WordPress. We will take a detailed look at their features and pricing plans so you can pick the best plugin for your website.
Stay ahead of the curve with our exclusive insights and analysis on the latest WordPress trends and techniques - subscribe to our newsletter today.
What is a WordPress Social Media Feed Plugin?
As the name suggests, a WordPress social media plugin lets you add social media feed to websites. These feeds can include your posts, entire timeline, audience interactions, and media from your social media accounts.
Unlike plugins that let you embed feeds from specific platforms, a social media feed plugin is your all-in-one solution to display all your accounts from different platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc., on a single social wall.
Here is what a live social feed created using Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg looks like:
In most cases, these plugins are quite beginner-friendly. They integrate seamlessly with the Gutenberg block editor and other page builders.
So, you can easily drag and drop them to your page and toggle different functions and customizations from the block settings.
Best WordPress Social Media Feed Plugins
Here are our top 5 picks for the best social feed plugins for WordPress:
|1||Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg||Free + $39/year|
|2||Feed Them Social||Free + $50/year|
|3||EmbedSocial||Free + $ 29/month|
|4||Walls.io||Free trial + $60/month|
|5||Social Media Feeds by Tagembed||Free + $24/month|
1. Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
One of the best social media feed plugin for WordPress is Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg. This plugin lets Gutenberg users display social posts on their websites.
You can add up to five platforms on one social feed: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
The Plus Blocks’ Social Feed plugin gives you complete control over the design and functionalities of your feeds. You can choose to categorize feeds by platforms or create multi-platform combo feeds.
Besides, you can always head over to the style menu to tweak typography, background, and colors and pick different layouts to match your feed’s style with your website’s.
Key Features of Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
- Facebook Feed: With The Plus Blocks’ Social Feed, you can add a live Facebook feed to your website. You can pick between a personal account or a page to display its posts and media.
- Instagram Feed: The Instagram feed lets you display user posts, hashtags, and mentions from your personal and business accounts. It also supports the FancyBox pop-up that activates when a user clicks on your IG feed’s content.
- Twitter Feed: The Twitter feed is where you can display your tweets, retweets, replies, and media from your Twitter account.
- YouTube Feed: You can display your YouTube videos and playlists in a social feed using The Plus Blocks’ Social Feed plugin. It also supports content search options and direct video play.
- Vimeo Feed: The Vimeo feed lets you display content from your Vimeo account on a live social feed. You can split your content into categories, add a search option, and add motion effects to your feed.
- Multi Social Feed: The Plus Blocks’ multi-social feed combines all your social media feeds and arranges their content in beautiful layouts and categories on a single social media wall.
- Feed Customization Options: You can customize the look and feel of your feeds on a global level or tweak style options for each individual feed. You can play with options like typography, colors, background, icons, border, etc.
- Multiple Prebuilt Layouts: You can arrange the content of your feeds in different layouts like Grid, Carousel, Column, and Masonry.
- Lazy Load/Load More Option: So many feeds on a single wall could lead to a higher load time on your website. However, The Plus Blocks’ Social Feed plugin supports lazy loading, so new content only loads when users scroll to the bottom of the feed or click the Load More button.
How to Create a Live Social Media Feed on Your WordPress Website? [Video Tutorial]
Price of Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg
You can free download The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg from the WordPress repository. The premium plans for this plugin start from an annual cost of just $39. You get the Social Feed and access to the entire Plus Blocks addon with over 85 Gutenberg blocks and extensions
2. Feed Them Social
The next WordPress social feed plugin that is worth a try is Feed Them Social. It lets you create live feeds for your accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Feed Them Social is a freemium plugin, and its base version lets you display Facebook status updates and albums, Instagram feeds, tweets, and YouTube feeds.
However, you can purchase Feed Them Premium if you want to display Facebook pages, videos, and reviews.
You can also get extensions for adding carousels and creating combined streams for multiple social platforms on a single feed.
Key Features of Feed Them Social
- Facebook Feed: You can add live Facebook feeds with your posts and albums in a page or grid layout. You can choose to hide your username, descriptions, and thumbnails.
- Instagram Feed: Feed Them Social’s Instagram feed lets you display user feeds and hashtag feeds. You can create multiple columns, adjust the image spacing, and tweak gallery width.
- Twitter Feed: With Twitter feed, you can add feeds for user accounts. It can also display media and embedded content. Besides, you can also add a search for hashtags, people, or words.
- YouTube Feed: This lets you display your recent YouTube uploads and selected playlists. You can display a pop-up thumbnail and decide the number of videos to show in each column.
- Responsive Feeds: All feeds are device responsive, i.e., they work seamlessly on desktops, mobiles, and tablets.
Price of Feed Them Social
The premium version of Feed Them Social costs $50/year for 1 site, $75/year for up to 5 sites, $150/year for up to 25 sites, and $199/year for unlimited website support.
EmbedSocial is an ideal WordPress social feed plugin for marketers, agencies, and businesses. The free version of the plugin lets you add only a single widget and connect one platform.
But you can upgrade to a paid plan to unlock more feeds and social media platforms.
Apart from the social feeds, the EmbedSocial plugin has extensions for displaying media galleries and user-generated content like reviews. You can also moderate reviews and manage user-generated content from the plugin itself.
Key Features of EmbedSocial Plugin
- Facebook Feed: The Facebook feed lets you display your posts, including status updates and images.
- Instagram Feed: The Instagram feed pulls and shows all your posts on your website.
- Video Feeds: This feed pulls your latest videos from platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and TikTok and displays them on your website.
- Customizable Layouts: All feeds created using EmbedSocial have over ten customizable layouts.
- Feed Analytics: You can also access performance data for all your feeds to assess how your audiences engage with feeds.
Price of EmbedSocial
EmbedSocial is a free plugin, but the base version limits you to one widget and one social media. However, you can subscribe to one of their paid plans to unlock more feeds. The Pro plan costs $29/month, the Pro Plus plan costs $49/month, and the Premium plan costs $99/month.
The next social feed plugin for WordPress that you must try is Walls.io. It is a freemium plugin. However, the free plan only supports Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube and lets you add one source for each social media platform.
Upgrading to Walls.io Pro will unlock platforms like TikTok, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and more. It also lets you add 15 sources for each platform on your feed. Besides, you can customize the look of your feeds and display custom content.
Key Features of Walls.io Social Feed Plugin
- Social Feeds: You can create live feeds for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, and LinkedIn.
- Video Feeds: You also get feeds for video platforms like YouTube, TikTok, and Vimeo.
- Custom Feeds: Apart from the social media posts, you can display custom content like testimonials, product banners, etc., on your feeds.
- Feed Styling Options: You can customize the look and feel of your feeds by tweaking options like background, fonts, colors, etc.
- Direct Posts with Spam Detection: Your audiences can post directly on your feeds without using any social media platform. Also, the built-in spam protection prevents NSFW and spam.
Price of Walls.io Plugin
The free trial lets you use Wall-io for free for 14 days. Then, you will need a paid plan to use it further. The Starter plan with single-source support costs $60/month, and the Professional plan with support for 12 sources costs $250/month.
5. Social Media Feeds by Tagembed
The last social feed plugin on our list is Social Media Feeds by Tagembed. The plugin supports all popular social media platforms and even allows you to add feeds for Google Reviews, Airbnb Reviews, Yelp Reviews, and RSS Feeds.
Tagembed’s social feed plugin lets you customize your feeds using themes and layouts. It is a freemium plugin, but the Lite version only supports one feed and five social platforms.
But you can subscribe to a paid plan to unlock more feeds and platforms.
Key Features of Social Media Feeds by Tagembed
- Social Media Feeds: You can use social feeds to display posts from platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
- Story Feeds: These feeds allow you to display social media stories on your website.
- Album Feeds: As the name suggests, album feeds are for displaying visual galleries embedded with your media content.
- Social Review Feeds: You can also fetch reviews from platforms like Google Review, Yelp, and Airbnb and display them on your social feeds.
- Themes and Layouts: You get prebuilt themes and multiple layouts to customize your social feeds.
Price of Social Media Feeds by Tagembed
There are three paid plans. The Basic plan costs $24/month, the Pro plan costs $36/month, and the Plus plan costs $74/month.
Get our best WordPress tips, tricks, and tutorials delivered straight to your inbox - Subscribe to our Monthly Email newsletter Today.
Which Social Media Feed Plugin Should You Choose?
That wraps up our list of the top 5 WordPress social media plugins. However, carefully weigh your needs and wants before you pick a plugin for your website.
Ensure the plugin you pick links to multiple social media networks without hassle. Besides, it should let you display different content types like status updates, media uploads, albums, and more.
Besides, the plugin should simplify customizing your feeds’ look and feel. Lastly, the plugin should also have performance-oriented features like lazy load so your website loads faster, even with several live feeds.
If you are looking for a user-friendly plugin that supports all popular social networks and offers loads of customization options, check out the Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg.
The plugin lets you create feeds for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
For just $39/year, you get the Social Feed and over 85 other Gutenberg blocks to replace all your plugins and create a modern website.
FAQs on WordPress Social Media Feed Plugins
Why social media feed is important?
A social media feed lets you showcase your social networking presence to your website visitors. It acts like social proof that boosts your credibility, which is especially beneficial if you have an online business. Besides, it adds an additional section of interactive content, which can improve your site’s engagement levels.
How to add social media feed to WordPress?
You will need a social feed plugin for WordPress to add a social feed to your website. Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg is one such plugin that you can use to add live social feeds for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitter.
What is the best plugin for displaying a social feed on WordPress?
Social Feed by The Plus Blocks for Gutenberg is the best plugin for displaying social feeds on WordPress. You can add feeds for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Vimeo that update in real-time. You can also customize the feed’s look and arrange its content in different layouts.